Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

... Christmas

Christmas started on the Eve. I went to church at 5pm, then it was off to Great Aunts house in Westport for dinner. I got home at about 10:00 pm. After showering and putting on sweats, I brought down all of my presents for people. Getting to sleep at about midnight I got 7 hours of sleep. I woke at 7 am and my grandparents and I ate a lavish breakfast. We then went into the living room to distribute presents to one and other. I received:

Alpine Car Stereo
Wool Coat
2 Brooks Brothers Sweaters and 1 polo
Slippers
Flannel pants
Throw Blanket
Poker Set

After exchanging gifts at home, we packed the car to the gills with presents and proceeded to my Aunts who lives here in Easton. We had a nice lunch ( a Turduckin = Chicken inside a Duck which is inside a Turkey.)

New Orvis leather gloves
GTA San Andreas
Gift Certificate to Eddie Bauer
EBAY T Shirt

Had a nice fire going in the main fireplace and everything was picturesque. My other Aunt and Uncle met us there and then we went back home where my other aunt and uncle exchanged gifts. I had about 2 hours to relax a bit until my great aunt and great grandmother and 2 cousins arrived, whom we saw Christmas Eve for dinner.

The night ended with watching Liar Liar and Scent of a Woman with my Uncle. That my friend was my Christmas.

All day today I have this rather depressing feeling that Christmas, which I have been preparing for is now gone. Spending a month of preparation and joyous occasions all come down to one day and its gone quicker then I can imagine. Of course now I have a week to relax but it’s not the same. But it’s ok. Time goes on, we go on.

My plans seem to be undecided for now though I have a few things on the burner, it’s just a matter of when. This week I may visit extended family, spend some time with friends and family.

I hope your Christmas was joyous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com