Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Danbury ER Shift # 1

--
Live Strong
--

Today was my first Danbury ER shift, which went from 8am to 12pm. I got to see a variety of patients and problems with language barriers.

I have to say, the ER is not a place I would enjoy working. I don't know how these nurses, P.A's and Docs do it. EMS of course is a different story, much more exciting in my opinion.

I basically went around to patients with a P.A (Physicians Assistant; they can write out an Rx diagnose and treat etc). She was very nice as were all the other nurses and doctors I encountered and worked with.

I must sayDanbury ER is 100 times better then the to familiar St.Vincents ER in Bridgeport. From organization to friendly staff, Danbury blows St.V's out of the water when it comes to things like that. Though I do think St.V's is good for specific ailments etc, it just doesn't have a good system in the ER.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, May 09, 2005, Blogger M. Caldwell said...

The ER enviroment is just a setting I dont like to stay in for long periods of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com