Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Book

--
Live Strong
--

What I'm Reading:



I just started this book after seeing it in Barnes and Noble the other day. After scouring the shelves and struggling to find a book that would interest me I found " The World is Flat " , by Thomas Friedman. Friendman is a well known NY Times columnist yet his name sounded vaguely familiar. I picked up the book and began flipping through the pages. I've wanted so long to find a book that would provide me insight into today's world through the way our nation has changed in the last decade via technology. The author explains how globalization has changed the entire world and the way it does business. Globalization has changed the land scapes of many thought to be third world countries or at the very least poor with large glass and steel sky scrapers towering over slums 100 feet away. So many of the worlds largest corporations have recently moved parts of its business to foreign counties in order to save money.

As a result of this , our nation now lacks the same appeal as these more poor countries to many large corporation , mainly as there objective is to turn a profit.


Being only on page 6 , I eagerly await heading to bed and reading before I fall asleep.

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com