Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Tis the Quandary ...

--
Live Strong
--

I guess I consider myself in the market for a new digital camera in the next few months. Though I have my heart set on a Sony DSC-W1 I then thought of Canon. They make very nice products. A friend in fact has one hell of a digital camera, a Canon Digital Rebel. I with out the need of professional equipment am looking at the top of the line Powershot , the SD500. The camera is not due to be in stores till March. Though it seems to have everything I want and more (including 7.1 Mega Pixels) though the 3x optical zoom leaves something to be desired.

Never the less, once this camera hits the shelves I will be out looking at it, likely at my 2nd favorite store, Circuit City. (My first is Tweeter). Maybe a friend who works there can even get me a 10% or so discount. Thanks in advance friend! :) .

Anyways, it seems most companies don’t see the need to have anything better then a 3x zoom in a consumer minded camera. I wish that they would go up in zoom, but I just don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Canon SD500, it looks like you might be the camera for me.


1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, February 27, 2005, Blogger Ross said...

I already told you 7.1 MP is something you don't need - go for 6x zoom - my last two cameras have had it and I loved it.

Go find a less expensive camera with more of what you need - a good quality 3.2 will suit you fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com