Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Danbury ER Shift # 2

--
Live Strong
--

I just arrived home from a very busy 4-8pm shift at the Danbury ER. From over 10 EKG's to vitals to lifting a transporting pt.s I was busy. I likely went through over 40 pairs of nitrile gloves. The docs , techs, P.A, were all very nice. Though I had to undress a man drenched in his own urine, I still had a overall good time. And yes... I had the proper barrier protection on as I unclothed the man. He OD on multiple things.

These rotations often make me question why I am even attempting to enter the medical field. Tonight I did some fairly lousy things with pt.s and seen some fairly lousy things. But helping people is always a nice thing to do. To me, the knowledge in emergency medicine is worth its weight in gold especially if you are the only person around a MCI or anything for that matter that can help.

One more shift May 31st 4-8 pm. I hope I get a major trauma, not that I am wishing pain of suffering upon someone, I just hope to be around when something like that comes into the ER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com