Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Countdown

--
Live Strong
--

I am writing the blog entrty from South station Boston MA , waiting for my Amtrak train to arrive. I missed my 1:40 train because the T (for those of you who don’t’ know Boston, that’s the subway system) was under construction and thus running very late. How unfortunate for me because I now sit here, waiting 4 extra hours. The time that my new train leaves is the time my old train would have been getting in to Bport.

I am looking forward to go home. The safety and security of it all at times overwhelms me. However, my intention is not to get soft on you all, its just nice to be home. This will be my third trip home since August 26th of this year. Many students at my college do go home each and every weekend. Mount Ida is known as a “suitcase” school in which the weekends are dead, and not many people stick around. As much as I do love home, I can’t be there every weekend. It’s the independence of being at college that is fulfilling my needs as a teenager/adult. The times I spend at home however I do find to be much more valuable and meaningful.

The next time I will be going home is for thanksgiving, November 22ND, skipping classes Tuesday and Wednesday in order to get home easier avoiding what is the busiest travel day of the year, the 23rd (day before thanksgiving). Ofcouse my time at home will still only be till that Sunday, just long enough to meet up with everyone. I am looking forward to Christmas break, a solid month of time off.

For those of you who know me from High School, you know that Christmas time and I are inseparable. Decorations, time care and effort will be put into place starting the day after Thanksgiving. Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas!!!! Love it so!

(31 days till I decorate the house inside and out and Christmas time is in full swing!)

-

Side note typed at 12:46am after being home for 2 hours: Train was late, and then the engine died in RI, making us switch to another train. The train had lost power so we were reduced to the glow sticks the conductors were handing out. Wow, lost in Northern RI, good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com