Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Spirit

An insane impulse overcomes you - holiday joy? The spirit of Santa? Your medication is off or out? --- and you find yourself loving christmas more then your family. Who else could I be explaining but me?

Someone told me the other day that " I may have an excess amount of holiday spirit" . What BS ?? Just because I want to try to make Christmas perfect in every capacity , buy gifts for everyone, purchase and have the top of the line EVERYTHING for everyone? Plan out sketches on decorating the house from the basement to the 2nd floor and more detailed sketeches for the Dept.56 Dickens Village? Just because I plan the outside lighting and how it will work cords and design wise in Novemeber? Because I attend many christmas events in december and go shopping often. I question if I should always get more gifts, am I guilty simply because there are to many witnesses to atest?

I do not know if its a good thing or an illness. :) . The point is that christmas means a lot more to me because I have now known the feeling of loss. I treat each day like it is the last one for all or any of us. This way I have no regrets. Christmas has become something more meaningful and that everyone in the family comes together. Its just nice. A combination of reasons amount to my " over enjoying " of Christmas.

Enjoy life



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com