Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Monday, November 22, 2004

looking forward / facts ?

As I look forward past the recent changes in my life, I look towards the upcoming days off and holidays. My agenda is rapidly filling up and time has become this next month something I cant seem to find. Suddenly I find myself asking where the year went? I know its not over, and I will argue the best is yet to come. Though it feels so strange that 2004 is coming to an end. Alas, I wait to start looking back on this year and the year ahead which will be for New Years Eve/Day blog entry.

-

It appears I might have found information that the Westport town hall nor the historical society new of untill my discovery. Last week I visited the Westport Historical Society learning more about my family for my Madman paper. Though I knew most of what I saw and read, it was good to see archives kept of my family. My Great Great Uncle and Great Great Grandfather had owned roughly 1/2 to 1 mile long strip of property on the Post Road in Westport, there house lay where Ed Mitchells is now. That family extended itself and my grandmother was born etc. Her father and mother both were involved in the war effort, Great Grandfather in the Navy and Great Grandmother working at a pilot goggle manufacturing factory in Westport. Then my Great grandfathers brother had created the Westport Emergency Radio Commmunication Service in 1942 making it the first radio system for air raid wardens and local guards alike to reach to the NYC and Westchester area to warn of aproaching air raid attacks. My great great aunt was a plane spotter who was the first woman to sign up for the task in Westport and rallyed many other women of the town to join.

Getting back to what it is I discovered. I found the sign in and out sheets of the factory of which my great grandmother worked and had along side the historian discovered a name on there that does not match "common fact". The name of the indivual did not work at the factory and only appeared signed in twice in two years.

Now no one is saying this man was ever a spy or anything. I wouldnt know either way. No one can ever prove he was. I found it rather interesting none the less. Bottom line: It could easily be nothing, but no one had any idea why the name was there or who exaclty the man was. He did how ever have a German last name. Which again, could mean NOTHING.

I will be including this in my final draft of my madman paper/report as a side note to my research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com