Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Calls and progress and family

I got home around 2:20pm today. By 2:45 I had my backpack etc all set and put downstairs to do homework. I go out to grab the mail and then grab something to eat and head downstairs to relax for a bit. Rummaging through the mail I check my voicemail I have 2 new messages. 1 was from family and other was from Congressman Christopher Shays. His office has called me to schedule a phone apointment with me and Shays. ( If you recall Shays visited barlow , I had expressed the importance of stem cell research and funding to the american diabetes association. That day he took my name and #. Honeslty I didnt think much of it. ) So , I put the phone down and its his office calling again. They ask for me and if I have time to talk with Christopher Shays. I oblige and the call is transfered to his office. Him and I talk for about 6 minutes and he asks me if I would like along with many others join him in DC in April to the hill. He is going to try to pass along with other congressman and reps etc what seems to be a very imporant stepping stone law towrds advancement in stemcell research. I am estatic.

-

Today is my Great Grandmothers Birthday. She is 99 years old. In the past few weeks her health has been declining some. She is extremely healthy , not on any meds. Two weeks ago she was hospitalized with symptoms of feeling faint. He heart is just begining to give out. She is back to speed but not exactly the same. But keep in mind she is 99.

--

Her relatives ( my cousins ) are here. They will be living at my great aunts house for the duration. One or two may live here for a few days. I do not know. Let the games begin.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com