Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Attitude

It seems lately I’ve been spinning aimlessly into an unknown direction. I put severe importance on specific things and no concern on others. School has now taken a front seat to my priorities as a new semester has begun. Though like most things, school will wane in its importance and other things will take its place as time goes on.

I continue to think these days that winter is becoming more and more depressing. I can’t wait for summer. I need to go on the trips that I have planned. It turns out that one of my closer cousins in Australia is getting married in the end of July this summer. Hopefully, not just my grandparents but myself included attend. It’s just such a long flight, in the neighborhood of 21 hours. None the less, it’s beautiful there and I would someday like to own a home somewhere in New South Wales.

Sweden this summer will be important to me as I am going to see a cousin of mine graduate military academy there and move on to a professional soccer career. He is good, but would never be world famous. It’s like an average baseball player here, we know him, but most times the rest of the world doesn’t.

I guess its ok to look forward to things coming up in time. Maybe it’s not ok to rely on them as your soul source of happiness.

-

In EMT we are now studying Geriatrics. What fun, seeing as how I eat sleep and breathe geriatrics at home. I breezed through that packet of questions. Basically Goodie told us that by our 20's for men, we have reached our peak, in many areas physically. Well that just about was the most depressing thing I hear that day. So I'm old after 25?

The old people here (my grandparents) are really only in the early 70's, but none the less one has arthritis and the other diabetes. So things look like they will just continue down hill. There is nothing but down now. Well, there is no other option either. It’s ok though, it’s called the cycle of life. We age and that’s a fact. Last week I turned 18 and think that I have a good 64 years to live. Of course that is if my career doesn’t kill me. (“About me" explains career path).

So what do we have to look forward to in the next 64 years? Paying the bills of a war that made no sense. Losing Social Security and most benefits for federal employees will be gone. Medicare will be non-existent. Our nation’s budget will be so high our great grandchildren will never see it reduced. God knows, another war is possible but only he can tell us where. Countries will despise us for the actions we take today. We will have to mend relationships with nations we turned out back to when they legitimately needed us. O good times ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com