Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Gates ( of Hell )

--
Live Strong
--

It's the last weekend for tourists and New Yorkers alike to pass through "The Gates" in Central Park. Though I didnt go and waste my time seeing the gates, I did spend 3 days in the City at points only blocks from them. To me the gates are nothing but a waste of $22Million. Use that money to help cure a disease or support a family in another country.

Think about it people, its fabric on 2 sticks.



2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, February 27, 2005, Blogger Ross said...

You clearly have no appreciaton of fine art. Though I must say I'm not a huge fan is Cristo, I do think The Gates is one of his better projects.

How about the billions going into the war in Iraq? That's money that could be going towards curing diseases (or a number of other things). Fine art does have a purpose in our lives, but yes, there are plenty of things you can target for squandering of funds.

 
At 9:46 PM, February 27, 2005, Blogger M. Caldwell said...

I do enjoy art, but I dont like this. Its cost is way to much. So is the Iraq war. I am saying the money can be used for so many different and better things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com