Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Lights and Sirens

"Radio to 329 and ( badge # of officer ) , signal ( 4, 15, 5, pick one that you like) at ( address)."


( Note - not my towns actual police vehicle)

For most people, the image of a cop cites a broad range of feelings– some positive and some negative – and most inaccurate. Police in my opinion are there to help. Of course there are times when it seems as if they are being unfair while writing you a ticket for speeding, or towing your car away. Overall the police are there to insure the publics safety. The police motto says "Protect and Serve". Just note I understand if you do not agree with me.

It’s hard to find a comparison that describes the joy of being in a police car going lights and sirens to a call. As I focus on the nature of the call when dispatched and the thoughts that run through my head at a high rate of speed makes everything else secondary in life. With the lights displaying and the sirens blaring, we rush to the call. Traffic moves to the side as we pass by at well over 80 mph. It’s a thrill.

What makes police work so great is that it’s never the exact same call or case as before. Every experience is unique. No one call is ever the same.

All of this is the stepping stones to a career in the FBI or Secret Service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com