Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

7

--
Live Strong
--

As I had hoped and predicated, Lance has now won his 7th consecutive Tour de France. I always thought I would some day be able to see him ride in a race, but that thought has come to what I think is a premature end. I will personally miss him racing and each day following his progress. Though I doubt this is the last we will see of Lance, having several contracts and endorsement deals lined up. What makes me feel that Lance is really one of the most inspiring athletes of our time is that he can go out and make 30-40 million dollars on an endorsement but then just so humbly turn such high offers down. What sets him apart from say Michael Jordan is that Lance stands for something, he is making an impact on so many peoples lives.

To me Lance is the fighter we all would want to be. He can now rest in the comfort of his well appointed home with his rock star wife and kids, but then still go out and make a difference to so many people.

As I said before, this is not the end of Lance Armstrong's public image, but rather a new chapter in what could be an even more successful life. Whether it be supporting cancer research and advocating new products and tests etc, or rather to just keep inspiring people to get out and be more physically active in there everyday life. Lets not forget, he also has done and will continue to do a world of good to the sport of cycling, putting the sport on the map. Can anyone before Lance Armstrong actually say they had any interest in the Tour de France or cycling in general for that matter?

Congratulations Lance on doing what no other man or woman has ever done before.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger M. Caldwell said...

To bad you dont know what you arw talking about. He was ill before the wife. Ok kids I will give you, it sucks but it happens all the time, seperation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com