Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The MC

Today I was working on a computer in the Media Center writing an article for Journalism and I notice a student walk past the security system (a beeper to that beeps should you steal a book) and no sooner does a rep of the MC stop him. The rep asks him where he was coming He stated he was in Capstone and wanted to do some research. The rep asked for a pass and he was with out one. She told him to either stay in the room he came from or go back and get a pass. Now keep in mind, this is a senior who is willing to spend their time on the computer doing research instead of leaving early like so many do.
He insists he is in Capstone and its ok for him to be researching. The rep tells him to leave and the student protests. He exclaims “What kind of rule is this? Are you actually refusing me from doing research?" the rep looked puzzled and said that he simply wasn’t allowed and had to turn around.

I think we all know that this policy is crazy and silly. To actually be refusing students from the Media Center is absolutely ridiculous. It’s unheard of.

Well the student persisted for 20 minutes demanding to see something in writing that would not allow him to enter the MC for research. The rep said it was simply a rule and he had to leave, saying it over and over again. Finally another rep walks over and says that he should take it up with administration and that his inappropriate behavior was not welcomed. Let me say I did not hear him once raise his voice. He simply demanded a legitimate reason as simply being denied entrance wasn’t sufficient to him nor would it be for me.

After about 20 exhausting minutes the student walks out in frustration.

The bottom line this shouldn’t be happening. Why refuse someone, especially a senior the ability to do research? Well not that I care to see the rules change as they don’t affect me I found this no entrance with out a pass no matter what grade or who you are fascinating. It is though predictable; given it’s happening in Barlow after all.

-

Today I got contacts. I thought they would be much more difficult to get in and out but it was rather simple.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, February 12, 2005, Blogger M. Caldwell said...

I do now. But 99% of the time contacts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com