Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Support our troops! Support John Kerry
--
I am getting very worryed. NYTIMES.COM , in reguards to bar-codes on all products.

"So the European code has 13 digits, while the code used in the United States and Canada has 12. The 13-digit code took off and is used in most other countries. And the American side has finally made an accommodation with reality. The Uniform Code Council, the North American arbiter of bar codes, has told North American retailers that bar-code scanners will have to read the 13-digit codes by January. The 12-digit codes do not die; systems that can read 13-digit codes can also read 12-digit codes.

''But the 13-digit standard is what it's all moving to,'' said Ray Tromba, an expert in retail and consumer products distribution for IBM Global Services. ''The 13-digit is the global standard.''

I cant buy something that has 13 digit bar code on it. Its bad luck!! any one have any thoughts?

I decided to stockpile products with 12 digit bar codes on em. I have to be able to last years. Look out Stop & Shop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com