Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Being Sergeant

This evening there was an Explorer meeting. New and welcomed faces showed up. Hopefully they become members.

The evening was comprised of serious discussion on what the post stands for, what we do, what is tolerable of members and many other logistical and policy type things. Many ideas were exchanged, which is good. Many ideas I think will be implemented.

At the end of the meeting out advisor (I will mention name) Officer Mark Pastor announced that I passed the exam and I was handed Srgt. Bars. At the second before he did this I presumed that I did not make it. After the meeting I was going to ask whether I made it or not. So it was all a nice real surprise.

Sergeant is as high as I will go in this post. This is the final and last step for me. Now its matter of conducting myself as one.

We also will have 3 new Corporal positions filled by next week.

This post is going in a new direction. It’s a positive one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com