Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Thailand

--
Live Strong
--

Yesterday it appears after a short conversation with my grandmother that I would have approval to travel to Thailand this summer in an effort to assist in the ongoing Tsunami relief.

A friend of mine in the last few weeks has gotten me interested in helping out there. He found this program called
United Planet Quests. As I have talked about before, my interest in going to a third world country and helping has been around for almost a year. Though I have always planned to travel to South Africa, Thailand would sufficiently fill my desires.

Over 200,000 people have died as a result of the Southeast Asia Tsunami Disaster. United Planet is currently focusing on the disaster reconstruction efforts in Ranong, Thailand. Volunteers are needed with various tasks associated with the reconstruction and clean up of the area. The local people are paralyzed by the scope of this disaster and really do appreciate and care and support of international volunteers in this reconstruction stage.

So perhaps this summer in my rather busy summer schedule I may be traveling to Thailand for a week or two. I will update with more information as my friend figures out his plans as they
will potentially dictate my final decision . It would be nice to go far off with atleast one familiar face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com