Did I mention?

This blog contains commentary on my life at college and at home. I have been recently including my pursuit for a better resident life here at my own school. This will be an ongoing theme among many posts intertwined with various other issues.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

9/11/04

The day started by waking at 5:00am to get dressed , get in the car , and drive into NYC. We were headed to ground zero. As I sinch my american flag tie nice and tight and put my blazer ontop my button down shirt, I looked at a picture of my mother , then looked at the t.v . On MSNBC were had photo's of 9/11/01 , pictures of the buildings on fire. After I stared at that ,I found a mirror ,made sure I looked respectful.

After the hour or so drive I realize how congested lower manhattan was and immediatley pursade my family to take a short cut towards canal st. We park the car walk a few blocks and there was ground zero. I followed the signs which brought us where the entrance was , I noticed how many people were un able to even enter. Maybe they were scared, upset , angry , who knows? I felt so sorry for them , for I was only going to pay respects to family friends and to my uncle's co-worker. I can't imagine the anger and sadness it is to loose a husband or son in this.

The names begin to be read, the people began to pile in. The 2 reflecting pools were begining to reflect the sun more and more. Flowers were being tossed or dropped in as a sign of repsect.

I stayed for the 2 moments of silence when the planes left the buildings , then I left.

My point and what I learned more so today , is that you never know when you may loose someone. Always say goodbye to someone as if its your last. You just never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com